Julie Van Elslande
Julie Van Elslande co-coördinated the second phase (innoviris) of the research as 'the legal voice' in a three-headed coördination team consisting of an artist, a curator and a legal advisor. She continues to cooperate with Caveat on the exploration of a new methodology for contracting and possibilities for alignment between ideas, convictions and the use and/or interpretation of legal concepts.
Caveat at LODGERS
Caveat is hosted by LODGERS, a collaboration between AIR Antwerpen and M HKA. LODGERS functions as Caveat’s first platform for public programmes, workshops, a display of artworks, legal material, and film screenings: a framework for research and artistic production as well as a public stage to negotiate possible futures of the artist contract.
Sofia Caesar, 'Zero Hour'
Performance and artist talk by Sofia Caesar, presentation by jurist Sarah de Groof followed by a Q & A, in the context of: 'Publishing & Performing Relationships. Caveat at Bâtard Festival'. 30 October - 3 November 2018
Open Source Publishing workshop
Open Source Publishing has written a collaboration agreement to work with others. Within Caveat, OSP is rewriting this document and proposing a visual translation. During Bâtard Festival, OSP invites artists and designers to contribute a description and interpretation of their own contract or conditions as to develop a language of practices.
- Rounding up by Caveat 'dramaturgs' at Artist Placement
- Report of Caveat Reading Room #4
- Caveat Reading Room #8 with Scott William Raby
- Notes with Caveat Reading Room #9 with Patrick Bernier & Olive Martin
- Report of Ben Kinmont's book presentation & workshop, 'Promises and Precarity: Steps in an Alternative Artistic Practice'
- Sofia Caesar's presentation at Bâtard Festival
- Report of the Open Source Publishing workshop at Bâtard Festival